Find information on:
- Get to know the SaxoPortfolio platform - the simple version
- Get to know the SaxoPortfolio platform - the advanced version
- How do my end-customers access SaxoPortfolio?
- How do I download the new SaxoPortfolio app?
- Can I use a co-branded version of SaxoPortfolio?
- Can I navigate through a SaxoPortfolio test account?
- Explanation column ‘P/L (EUR)’
SaxoPortfolio: the portal for end-customers
End-customers can view their securities portfolio in SaxoPortfolio (simple or advanced version). When an end customer logs in to SaxoPortfolio, they can easily see an overview of their portfolio, results and transactions. Trading is not possible within SaxoPortfolio; the system is for viewing only
Get to know the SaxoPortfolio platform - the simple version
In this video, we will demonstrate how the simple version of SaxoPortfolio works by walking through:
- The 'Overview' and how to navigate through the different features.
- The 'Results' view and how to select and understand a certain period
- The 'Transactions' view and the different features within that view
- The options you have in 'Settings'
- Creating and exporting different reports within the 'Historical Reports' tab
Get to know the SaxoPortfolio platform - the advanced version
In this video, we will demonstrate how the advanced version of SaxoPortfolio works by walking thoroughly through:
- The ‘Portfolio’ view: its settings and how to navigate through the different features including the ‘Overview’, ‘Orders’, ‘Results’ and ‘Transactions’ (00:45 – 08:23)
- The ‘Markets’ view and its features (08:29 – 09:36)
- The ‘Instrument search’ bar, screener and how to find different information on products (09:37 - 13:07)
- The ‘Watchlist’ view and how to create and manage them (13:09 – 15:50)
- The ‘Historical Reports’ view (15:51 -16:40)
- The ‘Subscriptions’ view (16:41 – 17:19)
How do my end-customers access SaxoPortfolio?
Please take note of the following steps:
Step 1. In the weeks before the migration, Saxo Bank will send an email to your customers with their new user ID and the link to Saxo Bank’s password reset flow. Because we need the correct contact details of your customers to do this, we have reached out to you separately to ask you to update contact details where they are missing. Please be aware that only end-customers who have their email address and mobile phone number registered with us will be able to authenticate and complete the digital password flow.
If we receive the information before migration, your customers will be able to reset their password digitally and access their portfolio in SaxoPortfolio (step 2).
Important: If we do not receive the information before migration, your customers will be migrated to Saxo’s infrastructure without complete contact information and there will be a delay before your customers can access SaxoPortfolio. During this period, you can keep your customers informed about their portfolio using the reports in SaxoPartnerConnect.
After the migration, the process to update contact information is the following:
- As an independent asset manager, you will send a ‘change of contact details form’ (Dutch and French) to your end-customer.
- Your customer fills in the form, signs and returns to you with a POI document attached (Passport or ID card).
- You check the documents to confirm the data and forward the form and POI document to Saxo using the case management system.
- Saxo’s Client Service team makes the change in CRM and the customer will be able to authenticate and get access to SaxoPortfolio.
Step 2. After migration, please send an email to your end-customer with the link to access SaxoPortfolio. If you are using a cobranded version, you need to send them this specific link. If you are using the generic version of SaxoPortfolio, the link will be portfolio.saxo, or they can download the app.
Did your end-customer NOT receive the password reset email from Saxo Bank?
If your end-customers have not received their new UserID, please guide your customer as follows to access SaxoPortfolio:
- Provide them with their new user ID. You can find the User IDs by looking up and selecting a client in SaxoPartnerConnect and clicking on the client details button.
- Share the link to the password reset flow (Dutch and French).
New end-customers. How do new end-customers access SaxoPortfolio?
During the onboarding process, new customers will be asked to set a password to access SaxoPortfolio. Once authenticated, your new customer will be redirected to their SaxoPortfolio login page.
Did your end-customer forget their UserID and/or password?
After the migration, it will not be possible for you to send an email with a new, one time password to your customer. Your customer can easily request a new password and their UserID via the login page of SaxoPortfolio.
Please note: these flows are opening in a new screen. After completing the flow, the customer will have to go back to the previous screen with the login page for SaxoPortfolio (without clicking on the login button).
If your customer chooses ‘Forgot your UserID’, the customer will be asked to fill their date of birth and phone number. After that, the UserID will be send by SMS. If your end-customer has multiple UserID’s, your customer will receive all UserID’s that are available within Saxo Bank, plus a confirmation by e-mail.
You can also provide your customers their UserID by looking up and selecting the client in SaxoPartnerConnect and clicking on the client details button.
If your customer chooses ‘Forgot your password’, the customer first chooses their country and then their email address and UserID:
If your customer forgot their email address, then they can click on ‘I forgot my email’. After entering the date of birth and phone number, your customer will receive their email address by SMS, with a confirmation by email.
After the requested information has been entered, your customer will receive a verification code by phone:
After entering the verification code, the customer can set a new password and finishes the reset password flow. Also, we will send out a confirmation by SMS and email.
Make sure that your customer goes back to the login page of SaxoPortfolio to enter their UserID and password.
How do I download the new SaxoPortfolio app?
For a better experience, end-customers can download the SaxoPortfolio app from the AppStore or Google Play from mid-January 2022. End-customers can view their own cash and securities positions on SaxoPortfolio from the migration date. It is not possible to white label the SaxoPortfolio app.
Can I use a co-branded version of SaxoPortfolio?
If you already use a co-branded version of the client portal at BinckBank, you will automatically migrate to a co-branded version of SaxoPortfolio. If you would like to start using a cobranded version, please feel free to reach out to your primary contact. Additional costs may apply.
Can I or my employees also trade via SaxoPortfolio?
After the migration to Saxo Bank, it is no longer possible for you and your employees to trade via SaxoPortfolio yourself. Our SaxoPortfolio portal will not be enabled for trading, only for viewing. Also, we don’t offer suitability and appropriateness tests or checks on non-retail specific instruments via SaxoPortfolio.
Of course it is possible to trade directly via Saxo Bank, when you or your employee become a customer of one of our B2C solutions via saxo.nl or saxo.be
Can I navigate through a SaxoPortfolio test account?
Unfortunately, we do not have a test account available but please take a look at our video presentations of SaxoPortfolio, the simple and advanced versions (see above in this article).
Explanation column ‘P/L (EUR)’
In the portfolio overview in SaxoPartnerConnect and SaxoPortfolio, you will see a column ‘P/L (EUR)’, which can be translated as ‘result after costs’. The costs referred to here are the transaction costs for buying and selling the security. In the example below, the result is EUR -15, after costs have been deducted.
When you click on , you will see the specifications of the costs. You will not see any costs under 'Open' for positions that have been migrated from BinckBank. For positions that you are going to open in the future, the costs are shown in both 'Open' and 'Close'.
In this example, the total result before costs is EUR 5.36. The result after deduction of costs is then calculated as follows:
Total P/L (inc. costs) = Trade P/L - (open costs + close costs) = 5.36 - (10.38 + 10) = EUR -15.02.
Client case management
Case management is the communication system within SaxoPartnerConnect where you can communicate with Saxo Bank. This guarantees high quality and efficient service. In SaxoPartnerConnect, the Case management section helps you to manage your end-customers' accounts. Learn all about case management in our online video.